Pages

9.05.2011

Arts Beats Eats - Royal Oak

Darryl Norem
Over this Labor Day weekend I had the pleasure of traveling to Royal Oak, MI to explore a great festival called Arts Beats and Eats.  This festival combines my favorite things - art, music, and food!  The thing that shocked me most about this festival was how crowded it was.  It wasn't just crowded at the stages or the food vendors - but people packed down the blocks to look at all the artist tents.  It was amazing, inspirational, creative, and powerful.  I happily paid 3.oo to enter, and then 10.oo for 16 food tickets.  I wandered up and down the side streets looking at art work, eating smoked pulled pork bbq, and jamming to music filtering through the crowd.

Out of all the booths I saw filled with amazing jewelry, word workings, metal sculptures, photography, leather work - Darryl Norem stood out for me.  Her work is both tactile, whimsical, bold, and soft at the same time.  Pictures I have posted here are from her website.  Unfortunately these pictures do not give the depth of these pictures much of these are layered and give wonderful visual texture.

I sense a layered landscape lesson being inspired by these works!

Enjoy.

Darryl Norem




Darryl Norem
Darryl Norem


Darryl Norem

No comments: