In collaboration with a 2nd grade science unit the students shared and practiced their knowledge about bugs while they learned how to do printmaking.
- Parts of an insect body: head, thorax, abdomen
- how to transfer a picture using normal pencils
- how to cut a printmaking block safely
- what a brayer is used for
- what printmaking is
- how to label a series of prints
The students did a great job! I was a little nervous about having 2nd graders using cut tools - but they heeded my warning about them being sharp and kept their fingers out of the way!
The students enjoyed cutting their blocks and printing them!